Eyebrows are one the most impossible features to manicure, but they are critical to one’s image and facial features. With so much room for error, because of the little hair to work with, many are frightened to take a stab at cleaning up the bushy extras or attempting at a little volume. This could mean a pricey trip to the salon is in the future.
The Beauty Department.com offers the proper tools and step by step instructions to create that perfect voluminous brow.
1) Place the straight edge along underside of brow, from the end of the arch, and trace your a line with the brow liner.
2) Place the straight edge along the top of the brow, from the end to the arch again, and trace a line with the brow liner.
3) Place the straight edge along the top of the brow, from the arch to the beginning of the brow (by your nose), and trace a line with the liner.
4) Place the straight edge along the bottom of the brow, from the bottom of the arch to the beginning of the brow, and trace a line connecting it to the one from step 1. (Steps 1 - 4, drew an outline of the perimeter of the brow.)
5) Dip your brush into the shadow powder and start drawing individual hairs, mimicking your own, by flicking the brush upwards in little strokes. (This is more tedious than merely shading it in but the results are more realistic.)
6) Continue drawing hairs all the way to your arch.
7) Fill in the arch with more curved motions, determined by the direction of the hair growth.
8) Switch to downward strokes from the arch to the end.
9) With the brow gel, brush hairs upwards if you’re like a more natural look. Or brush them from the nose towards the arch to lock them.
So instead of spending your last paycheck at the salon, experiment with Beauty Department safe techniques.
For more helpful tips and advice on other beauty strategies visit their website: http://thebeautydepartment.com/
-Mary Jane Greene
March 28, 2013
See Right Through Spring
It’s pretty clear that see-through accessories are back in style! I’m sure every 90’s child is reminiscing back to the days where jellies and clear backpacks were their most prized possession. However, transparent accessories have come back this spring and are more sophisticated than ever!
Fashion designers such as Valentino, Dolce and Gabbana, Gucci and Fendi have featured see-through pieces in their 2013 shows. Some of the accessories include handbags, clutches, bracelets, rings, heels, and sunglasses.
Clear accessories may be hard to incorporate into your wardrobe but don’t let that stop you from trying it out. Alexis Morgan, executive fashion director of Lucky Magazine, says, “Clear accessories are very versatile and it allows a woman to really play with them and create her own look.”
Not sure how to wear this trend? When it comes to wearing clear accessories, stick with the saying, “less is more.” Look for this trend on the straps of heels or handbags or in simple jewelry. These are easy and painless ways of incorporating this trend into your everyday look.
(Image retrieved from glamour.com)
Although these accessories are slightly revealing, be daring and jump right into the trend. Clear plastic accessories are light, airy, and a fun way to make a statement and show off your personality.
March 26, 2013
UPkeep: Bachelor Sean Lowe Style
Alright. For those of you that didn’t tune in this past season of The Bachelor, I’ll give you a recap of what you need to know. Sean Lowe was the Bachelor contestant this past season and won the hearts of basically every single person out there that watched the show. My friends and I had an almost unhealthy obsession with him - I’ll admit it. BUT, what is even cooler about this stud we grew to love, he is the president of the factory girl.
I had not heard of it until Sean started talking about it. Him, his best friend and sister started it up and let me just tell you, everything they make/sell is TO DIE FOR.
For those of you graduating in the next few months, the furniture pieces they sell are perfect. In need of a new wallet or handbag for spring/summer? They’ve got you covered. Just wanting to shop for some variety to your scarf or accessory collection? Done and done.
Check out these few pieces that I personally adore & check out the rest at: thefactorygirl.com
UPkeep your self and living space, factorygirl style!
I want these for my apartment some day! So unique!
Here are some awesome handbags:
And now for some essential accessories:
Such good pieces for spring and summer! Last but not least, they have adorable makeup and coin purses. I actually ordered the one below!
And there you have it, Sean Lowe is not only the most gorgeous bachelor contestant but also the president of a great little company made just for customers like us! Enjoy and Happy UPkeep!